As a condition of your use of UKads.org you agree that you will not:
- violate any laws;
- violate the policies;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- post or otherwise communicate any false or misleading material or message of any kind;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute spam, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm UKads.org or the interests or property of UKads.org users;
- impose or contribute to imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of UKads.org;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access UKads.org and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from UKads.org or UKads.org's copyrights and trademarks;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to UKads.org;
- use any tool that interferes with the normal functioning of UKads.org, including, without limitation, browser plug-ins (including, but not limited to, FreeTheTree), extensions, or other software which are designed to supplement, remove or otherwise change any of UKads.org’s functionalities; or
- sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties.
UKads.org and the UKads.org community work together to keep UKads.org working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using the reporting system.
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off UKads.org if we think that they are creating problems, infringing the rights of third parties or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies (including, without limitation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or harassing the UKads.org employees or other users). However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off UKads.org or not, we do not have any obligation to monitor the information transmitted or stored on UKads.org and we do not accept any liability for unauthorised or unlawful content on UKads.org or use of UKads.org by users.
Fees and Services
Using UKads.org is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain services. If the service you use incurs a fee, you'll be able to review and accept terms that will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in US dollars or Euro, and we may change them from time to time. We'll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on UKads.org. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
- If your ads went live with exposure on the UKads.org sites, services, applications or tools, even for a limited time, and that they benefited from the service associated with the paid fee;
- If your ads are placed into "edit" mode and will go live to site once updated by you;
- If you have removed your ads yourself;
- If you post duplicate ads as defined in our rules regarding duplicate ads;
- If we believe that your ads are in a significantly wrong category;
- Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. See the UKads.org Refunds Help Page for more details on the cases in which you may, or may not, be entitled to a refund of such fees.
UKads.org may at times use third party data suppliers to supplement the information you have provided in an ad. This could include descriptions, product specifications and other content. You may use such information solely in connection with your UKads.org ad while your ad is on UKads.org. The information provided may be subject to copyright, trademark and/or other protections. You agree not to remove any such protected information and/or create any derivative works based on the content (other than by including them in your ads).This permission is subject to modification or revocation at any time at UKads.org's sole discretion.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright, design and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of products of all sorts are offered on UKads.org by private individuals. Entitled parties, in particular owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights can report any advertisement which may infringe on their rights, and submit a request for such advertisement to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by UKads.org.
Reporting an infringement: In order to participate in the Notice of Infringement Programme, you only need to complete a Notice of Infringement Form and email it to UKads.org at dmca@UKads.org You can use this form, complete with your signature, to report advertisements which may infringe on your property rights. The information requested in the Notice of Infringement Form is for the purpose of ensuring that the parties reporting these objects are either the entitled party or their officially authorised representative. This information must also enable UKads.org to identify the advertisement to be removed. Once we have received your correctly completed Notice of Infringement Form, you can simply send later reports to UKads.org via the e-mail address provided.
Note: This form can only be used by the lawful owners of the relevant intellectual property rights. The "Notice of Infringement" is intended to enable rights owners to ensure that products offered by UKads.org users do not infringe their copyright, trademark rights or other intellectual property rights. For all other questions, visitors and advertisers can get help using UKads.org Help.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the operation and availability of our sites, services, applications or tools.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use UKads.org, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring.
If you have a dispute with one or more UKads.org users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Third party rights
A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
Data Protection and Privacy
By using UKads.org, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by UKads.org on servers located in the United Kingdom as further described in our Privacy Notice.
You shall comply with your obligations under applicable data protection law (including but not limited to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (EU General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”)) and supplementing EU and local data protection law. This includes, but is not limited to the obligation to provide appropriate safeguards for the transfer of personal data to a third country or an international organization. You shall process personal data received from eBay exclusively for the purpose(s) you received the personal data under and/or in connection with this User Agreement. You shall erase the personal data received under this User Agreement immediately after the respective purpose(s) has/have been fulfilled. Any further processing of the personal data is not permitted except when legally required (e.g., if a retention obligation applies).
Failure to abide with the aforementioned obligations may result in disciplinary action up to and including account suspension.
Resolution of disputes
If a dispute arises between you and UKads.org, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the UKads.org Help page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.